Work together with a team to choose and act out a machine using only the people in your group
Ideal for building: Teamwork, communication, creativity
What You Need to Play
- At least 10 people
How to Play Human Machine
- Divide the group into teams of 5-7 people
- Tell the group that they are going to choose a machine for their group to act out
- The machine can be anything from a computer, a car, a plane, a blender, a dishwasher etc.
- When you act out the machine you can make noises but no talking and you can have one person interacting with the machine as an operator.
- All members on each team need to have a job to do in acting out the machine.
- Give the groups 10 minutes to come up with their idea and practice their machine. Ideally each team would have their own space to practice so the other teams cannot see what they are doing.
- After 10 minutes, ask all the teams come back together and act out their machines for each other while everyone tries to guess what it is.
Debrief Example Questions
- How did you come up with your group’s machine?
- What was the hardest part of this activity?
- How did you decide who would act out what part of the machine?
- What lessons about teamwork and communication can you take with you?