B.S. is a simple bluffing card game. It is known by many names including Cheat, I Doubt It, Bullshit, Bologna Sandwich, Bluff, and many others. BS is best played with 3+ players and the object of the game is to be the first to get rid of all your cards.
What you need to play BS:
- Standard 52-card deck of cards
- Gullible friends to play the game with
How to play BS
- Decide on a dealer and have him/her deal all the cards out to the players. Depending on how many people are playing, some might have 1 more card than others.
- The person to the left of dealer begins the game, and play continues clockwise.
- The first player is assigned to play 2’s, the next player gets 3s, the next 4s, and play continues like that through the Aces. After Aces, the cycle begins again at 2.
- When it is your turn you must lay down at least one card, faced down, in the discard pile claiming: the (assigned) rank of your card and how many of them you are laying down. So if you are the first player, you are assigned to play 2s. If you have one 2 in your hand and you don’t want to bluff, you would just lay that 2 face down in the middle of the table and say, “one 2”. Then play would go to the player on your left and they are assigned to play 3s.
- Bluffing is how you win the game. If it is your turn and you are assigned to play Jacks, you can lay down anything as long as you think you can get away with it. For example if you only have 1 Jack, but want to get rid of an Ace in your hand, you could lay down both the Jack and the Ace and say, “2 Jacks”.
- Anyone can call “B.S.” after a player lays down his/her cards if they think it is a bluff. As soon as “B.S.” is called, that player flips over the just-played cards to see if it really was a bluff or not.
- If it was a bluff (the cards aren’t what the player claimed) then the player who made the bluff must pick up the entire discard pile. If it wasn’t a bluff, the player that called “B.S.” must pick up the entire discard pile.
- “B.S.” must be called before the next player makes his/her play.
- The first person to discard all their cards successfully, wins! Most games will continue on to determine 2nd place, 3rd place, and so on.
Good luck and get your BS on!